We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Metal fabricator
If you have an interest in historic metal restoration and conservation, with skills you feel would be of benefit to us then please email a C.V. to email@example.com.
We are looking for practical people who have a range of hand skills and have some specific experience working with timber or metal, and preferably some interest in the conservation of historic ironwork and machinery.
You will be required to:
- Carry out practical work restoring or manufacturing metalwork / timber work as required and specified to the highest standard.
- Ensure that all works are carried out safely with the appropriate machinery and tools, using necessary safety equipment and wearing the correct PPE.
- Ensuring work areas remain clean and tidy both when in the workshop and on site.
- Consulting promptly with the Project Supervisor when problems arise or there is any doubt about the works being carried out.
- Promptly passing on any queries or comments from Main Contractors or clients to the Project Supervisor
- Liaise with the Supervisor if additional job information is required: eg. Drawings, specification, or resources.
- Notification to Contracts Manager/Operations Manager of any circumstances that may affect short term working away from the workshop on site. Eg. Medical appointments, family matters.
- Advising supervisors of materials and equipment needed well in advance
- Ensure that you dress appropriately for work wearing overalls and polo shirts supplied and that these are in a presentable condition.
- Punctual submission of completed timesheets by the morning of the Monday following the week to which they refer